Last modified 9/19/2023
Zoom is a video conferencing tool in use at Illinois State University. To access zoom, navigate to https://illinoisstate.zoom.us/. On this page, you can Join a session, Host a session, or Sign in to manage your account.
The Zoom accounts available to Illinois State University faculty, staff, and students are more secure than the free Zoom accounts available to the public. Information on Zoom privacy and security from Illinois State University’s Information Security Office may be found here.
Who Can Access Zoom Pro?
All current faculty, staff, and students are licensed for Zoom Pro. Zoom Pro allows you to host a session with no time limit and have up to 300 participants in the session. Grace faculty, staff, and students will maintain access through their grace period.
How to Activate your Zoom License
Faculty, staff, and students will need to activate their Zoom license prior to being able to use all features of Zoom including its integration with ReggieNet. To activate your Zoom account, do the following:
- Go to IllinoisState.Zoom.US.
- Click Sign In and enter your ULID and password.
Once you are directed to your Zoom profile page, your account has been activated and you may close the window.
Users may need to log-out and log back in to ReggieNet for the Zoom tab in courses to work.
How to Use Zoom
To learn more about how to use Zoom and the different features in the tool, refer to the following:
Basic Meeting Settings
- Scheduling a Meeting in Zoom
- Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Recording a Zoom Meeting
- Hosting a Zoom Meeting
- Using Zoom on Mobile Devices
- How to Update Zoom
Advanced Meeting Settings
- Requiring Authentication for Your Zoom Meeting
- Joining an Authenticated Zoom Meeting from a Computer
- Joining an Authenticated Zoom Meeting from a Mobile Device
- How to Allow Non-ISU Participants in a Zoom Meeting
Best Practices for Managing and Protecting a Zoom Meeting
- Best Practices for Managing and Protecting a Zoom Meeting
- Recommended Settings for Secure Zoom Meetings
Teaching with Zoom
To learn more about using Zoom in ReggieNet, see Using Zoom with ReggieNet.
For more information on Teaching with Zoom, visit CTLT’s Teaching with Zoom web page here.
The following resources are available to assist with educating through Zoom:
- Comprehensive Guide for Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Students Participating in Online Learning
- CTLT - Teaching with Zoom
Common Problems with Zoom
Having Audio Issues?
If you are having audio issues on your computer, please refer to the following knowledge article on how to configure your audio settings on your Windows or Mac machine:
If you are having audio issues in Zoom itself, but your audio device is working fine, please read the following Zoom article on configuring and testing your audio devices in a Zoom meeting:
How to Get Help
- Technical assistance is available through the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu, or by Live Chat at Help.IllinoisState.edu.
- For instructional support, please contact the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology at CTLT@ilstu.edu or (309) 438-2542.
- For assistance using Zoom in classroom spaces, contact Learning Spaces & Audio Visual Technologies at (309) 438-7412.