Joining an Authenticated Zoom Meeting from a Mobile Device
Last modified 2/11/2022
Authenticated Zoom meetings require you to sign in with the allowed account prior to joining the meeting. The following steps will provide guidance with how to sign in and join a Zoom meeting from a phone or tablet.
- Click the Zoom meeting invite link.
- If you are a student joining through ReggieNet, click Join in the Zoom tool of your course.
- Download the Zoom app.
- iOS users, a message may be received indicating Safari cannot open the page because the link is invalid. You must install the Zoom app to join the meeting.
- After installing the app, return to step 1 and attempt to join the meeting again.
- If prompted, select Open Zoom app.
- Click Sign in with SSO on the sign in screen.
- Type 'illinoisstate' in the text field and click Continue.
- Once the CentralLogin page appears, enter your ULID and password.
- Select your audio options.
You have successfully joined your Zoom meeting.
- For Technical Assistance, you may Submit a Help Ticket, or contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, or contact them via email at SupportCenter@ilstu.edu
- For instructional support, please contact the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology at CTLT@ilstu.edu or (309) 438-2542.
- For assistance using Zoom in classroom spaces contact Learning Spaces & Audio Visual Technologies at (309) 438-7412
- Allow Non-ISU Participants in a Zoom Meeting
- Assigning a Co-Host in Zoom Meetings
- Best Practices for Managing and Protecting a Zoom Meeting
- Changing your Zoom Profile Picture
- Editing Zoom Transcripts
- Hosting a Zoom Meeting
- Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Nonverbal Feedback During Zoom Meetings
- Polling for Zoom Meetings
- Recommended Settings for Secure Zoom Meetings
- Recording a Zoom Meeting
- Requiring Authentication for your Zoom Meeting
- Scheduling a Meeting in Zoom
- Setting a Virtual Background in Zoom
- Setting up Scheduling Privilege in Zoom
- Sharing a Whiteboard in Zoom
- Starting and Managing Breakout Rooms in Zoom
- Switching Views in a Zoom Meeting
- Testing the Zoom Application
- Touch Up My Appearance Feature with Zoom
- Troubleshooting Common Problems with Zoom
- Updating Zoom
- Using the Zoom In-Meeting Chat
- Using Zoom on Mobile Devices
- Zoom Screen Sharing
- Zoom Screen Sharing from an iPhone/iPad