Scheduling a Meeting in Zoom
Last modified 2/11/2022
The features mentioned in this article reflect the latest version of the Zoom desktop client. For information on how to update Zoom, see Updating Zoom
Scheduling a meeting in Zoom is quick and intuitive. You can select from a variety of options to ensure that your meeting goes smoothly. Read below on how to schedule a meeting.
Scheduling a Meeting
- Open the Zoom desktop client. If you do not have it, you can download it from https://illinoisstate.zoom.us/download.
- Once Zoom is opened, click Schedule.
- A new window will appear. Fill out the meeting details in the corresponding window. You can change the Meeting ID, set a password to enter the meeting, enable video hosting, and more.
- When you have the details filled out, double check everything for accuracy. Once you are comfortable with the details, click Schedule. See Figure 1 below for an example of the meeting details.
- Your meeting is now scheduled.
- For Technical Assistance, you may Submit a Help Ticket, or contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, or contact them via email at SupportCenter@ilstu.edu
- For instructional support, please contact the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology at CTLT@ilstu.edu or (309) 438-2542.
- For assistance using Zoom in classroom spaces contact Learning Spaces & Audio Visual Technologies at (309) 438-7412
- Allow Non-ISU Participants in a Zoom Meeting
- Assigning a Co-Host in Zoom Meetings
- Best Practices for Managing and Protecting a Zoom Meeting
- Changing your Zoom Profile Picture
- Editing Zoom Transcripts
- Hosting a Zoom Meeting
- Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Nonverbal Feedback During Zoom Meetings
- Polling for Zoom Meetings
- Recommended Settings for Secure Zoom Meetings
- Recording a Zoom Meeting
- Requiring Authentication for your Zoom Meeting
- Scheduling a Meeting in Zoom
- Setting a Virtual Background in Zoom
- Setting up Scheduling Privilege in Zoom
- Sharing a Whiteboard in Zoom
- Starting and Managing Breakout Rooms in Zoom
- Switching Views in a Zoom Meeting
- Testing the Zoom Application
- Touch Up My Appearance Feature with Zoom
- Troubleshooting Common Problems with Zoom
- Updating Zoom
- Using the Zoom In-Meeting Chat
- Using Zoom on Mobile Devices
- Zoom Screen Sharing
- Zoom Screen Sharing from an iPhone/iPad