Last modified 6/23/2022
All members of Illinois State University have a University Login ID (ULID) account, which includes access to email, My.IllinoisState.edu, wireless, and more.
Your ULID Account
All students, faculty, staff, and annuitants at Illinois State University are granted a University Login ID (ULID) account when they join the University.
Your ULID is based on your full legal name as follows:
- First initial, middle initial, and first five characters of your last name
- To help keep your ULID unique, it might have a number at the end
- Example: Reggie R. Redbird’s ULID is rrredbi
- Example: Raymond R. Redbird’s ULID is rrredb2
Don’t confuse your ULID with your UID number. Your ULID is your username and the first part of your email address. Your University Identification Number (UID) is a unique number used for all internal business at Illinois State.
Your ULID account gives you access to the following:
- Microsoft 365 for Email, Calendaring, and other applications such as Word, OneNote, Excel, etc.
- Wired ResNet (in the Residence Halls)
- iPeople (faculty and staff)
- Software downloads
- Login access to campus computers
You might use your ULID to log in to other systems as well, including anything that uses Central Login for authentication.
Prospective and incoming students who have a ULID will not be able to send or receive email or access the Adobe Creative Cloud suite until their enrollment date.
Activate Your ULID Account
All students, faculty and staff must activate their ULID account upon coming to the university. For students, once you have been accepted to the university, you must first activate your account before you can access it, as your account is not yet activated when you are accepted to the university.
To determine if you need to activate your ULID account and for step-by-step instructions, refer to How Do I Activate My Account?
When you activate your ULID account, you are required to set a password. Your password will expire every 180 days (6 months). You will need to change your password through the Account Management Portal if it expires, but preferably before expiration.
- How Do I Change My ULID Password?
- What If I Forget My ULID Password?
- Where to Update My Password After a Password Change?
- ULID Password Expiration
- Logging onto a University Laptop Off Campus After Updating ULID Password
Your Security Questions
When you activate your ULID account, you are required to set three security questions. In the event that you forget your password or have problems logging in, you can recover your account by correctly answering all three of your security questions, in the Account Management Portal. See Changing your Security Questions for information on how to update your account's security questions.
Still Need Assistance?
If you have problems or questions regarding your ULID or password, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.
- Activating your ULID Account
- Changing your Security Questions
- Changing your ULID Password
- Electronic Signature Enrollment
- Email and Microsoft 365 Access After Leaving Illinois State University
- Surviving Spouse ULID Creation Policy
- ULID Password Expiration
- Updating your Third Party Email Address
- What If I Forget My ULID Password
- What to do if you Suspect your ULID Account has been Compromised