ULID Change Request Process
Last modified 1/24/2023
ULID Changes at Illinois State University are permitted in three circumstances:
In the event of a legal name change, the owner would like their ULID to reflect their new name (marriage/divorce/etc.).
- In the event of an existing ULID inadvertently conveying an offensive meaning.
- In the event of a court order for the protection of a student/employee.
Submitting ULID change request
Once you have confirmed your name change has been processed by the respective office, create a ticket through help.illinoisstate.edu. Fill in the appropriate information and add the following in the empty bottom field.
- Current ULID
- Requested change
- Previous legal name (if applicable)
- New Legal name (if applicable)
- Is your current ULID account in use? Is it not in use?
- Target date for when the change needs to be complete
This process can take several days as multiple teams are involved in a ULID change.