Print to PDF
Last modified 2/15/2022
When you are away from the office you may need to adjust how you handle things that would be printed if you were in the office. The Technology Support Center, as well as most college/department IT teams, do not provide support for connecting a personal printer to personal or university-owned equipment. If you find you need to print documents and are unable to use a printer, see the recommendation below.
Print to PDF
Printing to PDF is an option that retains the authenticity and security of your document. This file may be saved to your computer or sent to recipients in lieu of delivering or storing paper copies.
To print to PDF, do the following:
- Find and open the document you wish to print.
- Click File → Print.
- Under the Select Printer option, choose Adobe PDF or Print to PDF.
- Click Print.
- Enter a name for the document and select the location you want to save it to.
- Click Save.
Your file has now been saved to that location and will open as a PDF document. You may share it electronically with others via email or in a file share or print it to a physical printer later when you have access to one.
Recommendations for saving files
Save your PDF documents in a known location that is easily accessible, such as your documents folder or for access from anywhere, OneDrive which is included with the university Microsoft 365 subscription.
If you have multiple documents, create a new folder to easily organize and keep documents grouped together.
Windows: Open the file explorer and navigate to where you want to create the folder. Click New Folder from the top menu, enter a name for the folder, then press Enter.
Mac: Click the Finder icon in the dock and navigate to where you want to create the folder. Click File → New Folder, enter a name for the folder, then press Return.
How to Get Help
- Bringing your own Printer to Campus
- Print to PDF
- uPrint Mobile Printing on Campus
- Reporting a Problem with a Print Workstation in a Computer Lab that uses Pharos/uPrint
- Requesting a Pharos/uPrint Refund
- Requesting Paper and Toner for a Computer Lab that uses Pharos/uPrint
- Student Print Allowance
- Submitting a Print Job via Email
- Submitting a Print Job via Pharos Mobile App
- Submitting a Print Job via the uPrint Web Portal
- Where to pick up and pay for your uPrint print job