University ID (UID) Number
Last modified 2/7/2022
Your University ID Number is a unique 9-digit number that identifies you at Illinois State University.
Your UID Number
Your University Identification (UID) Number is a nine-digit number that uniquely identifies you at Illinois State University. Your UID Number is printed on your Redbird Card.
To find your UID, please refer to How to Find your UID Number in My.IllinoisState.edu
What is my UID Number used for?
Your UID Number is used for all business internal to the University. For example, your UID Number is used to track your academic progress at Illinois State. You also need your UID Number to activate your ULID account (to get access to email, computer labs, etc.).
For questions and assistance with your UID Number, contact the Registrar Service Center in Moulton Hall 107 or by phone at (309) 438-2188 or visit the Office of the University Registrar UID Information page
Your UID Number, ULID, and Social Security Number
Since they have similar acronyms, it can be easy to confuse your UID Number and your ULID. Your UID Number is also similar to your Social Security Number.
- UID Number (University Identification Number): A nine-digit number that uniquely identifies you at Illinois State University. Your UID Number is functionally similar to your Social Security Number.
- ULID (User Logon Identification): ULID stands for University Logon ID. Your ULID is the first part of your email address, and it’s also the user name you should use to log on to university computers and services (e.g., Reggie Redbird's ULID = rredbir1).
- Social Security Number: Illinois State University uses your Social Security Number (SSN) when dealing with offices and agencies outside the University, such as for insurance, benefits, financial aid, loans, etc.
Still Need Assistance?
If you need further assistance with your UID Number or ULID account, please contact the Technology Support Center by calling (309) 438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.
- Activating your ULID Account
- Changing your Security Questions
- Changing your ULID Password
- Electronic Signature Enrollment
- Email and Microsoft 365 Access After Leaving Illinois State University
- Surviving Spouse ULID Creation Policy
- ULID Password Expiration
- Updating your Third Party Email Address
- What If I Forget My ULID Password
- What to do if you Suspect your ULID Account has been Compromised
- How to Find your UID Number in Campus Solutions and the MY Illinois State sites