Configuring Mail in MacOS for Microsoft 365 Email and Calendar
Last modified 2/14/2022
You may configure Apple Mail email client for MacOS for use with your Illinois State University Microsoft 365 email account.
Configuring Apple Mail for Mac for Office 365 Email and Calendar
To configure Apple Mail for Mac for use with your Microsoft 365 email account in MacOS, do the following:
- Launch Mail.
- In the Menu bar at the top of your screen, click Mail → Add Account.
- Select Exchange and click Continue.
- Enter a name for your account in the Name field.
- Enter your ilstu email address in the User Name field, and your password in the Password field (if prompted for password). Click Continue.
- In newer versions of MacOS, your Mail app will offer to automatically configure your server settings (if this is the case, you may skip to step 9). If your Mail app does not offer to auto-configure your server settings, proceed to step 7.
- On the Account Settings screen, type outlook.office365.com in the Server Address field.
- Also referred to as Internal and External URL fields.
- Click Continue.
- You may be prompted to enter your ISU credentials. Enter your full ISU email address and Password and click Sign in. Review your information on the Account Summary page, if that appears. If correct, click Continue.
- Select the apps (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders) that you would like to use with your account. Click Done.
The Apple Mail email client is now configured for use with your Microsoft 365 email account, and your email, contacts, and calendar data will begin to sync to your account.
Make sure you entered your email and password correctly and try again. Also, be sure to update the server to outlook.office365.com as opposed to .edu
Removing an Email Account
You may remove an email account from the Apple Mail email client. In order to do so, do the following:
- Launch the Mail app.
- On the menu bar, click Mail → Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts pane, select the email account you wish to remove and click the minus sign icon underneath -.
- When asked, 'Are you sure you want to delete the account", click OK.
You have successfully removed the account from the Apple Mail email client.
- Setting Up Email on Desktop
- Configuring Outlook in MacOS for Microsoft 365 Email and Calendar
- Configuring Outlook for Microsoft 365 Email and Calendar in Windows
- Configuring Windows 10 Calendar, Mail, and People for Microsoft 365
- Configuring Mail in MacOS for Microsoft 365 Email and Calendar
- Setting Up Email on Mobile Devices