Connecting via the VMware Horizon Client
Last modified 3/18/2022
VPN is required to access this service. View VPN at Illinois State University for more information.
- Connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Download the VMware Horizon Client.
- Install with default options and the View Connection Server is: “vdi.it.ilstu.edu“
- Open VMware Horizon View Client
- Double click on “vdi.it.ilstu.edu”
- Logon with your ISU ULID and password
- Double click on the VM-Pool you would like to access
- ITLab-Pool – General use virtual machines
- ITPersonal-Pool – Faculty/Staff/GA virtual machines
- Class Specific VM Pool – your instructor will give you the name
Accessing VDI via the web browser
- Connect with the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client.
- Open a web browser tab and go to vdi.it.ilstu.edu
(recommended if you are using MacOS Catalina)