Sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement in the Student Center
Last modified 9/22/2023
To register for classes, you must first sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement found in the Student Center portal.
Before You Begin
Students who wish to register for classes must first sign the Financial Responsibility statement, which can be found in the Student Center. You will be unable to register for classes until you have signed this statement.
The Financial Responsibility Agreement defines your responsibility concerning paying for your tuition, fees, housing, meals, and other charges you may incur with Illinois State University. It also clarifies the collection process that will be used in the event you do not pay these charges within the required period.
Each semester, a hold will be placed on your account, which will prevent you from registering for classes until you sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement. After you have signed the agreement, the hold will be removed and you will be able to register for classes (assuming you have no additional holds on your account) according to your enrollment appointment.
What if my tuition is covered by scholarships or grants?
Even if your tuition is covered by scholarships or grants, you must still sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement in order to register for classes. You are required to do so because you could incur charges unrelated to tuition and fees (such as Student Health Services charges). It is also possible that your aid could change if you withdraw from courses or don’t otherwise meet the qualifications for the aid.
Sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement
To sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement in the Student Center, do the following:
- Log in to My.IllinoisState.edu.
- Click the Student Center link.
- Locate the Holds section and the To Do Lists section on the right side of the page.
- If you see Financial Responsibility in the Holds box, then you still need to sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement.
- If you do not see this hold, then you do not need to sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement.
- Click the Financial Responsibility Agreement link in the To Do Lists section.
- The Financial Responsibility Agreement is displayed. Read the entire agreement.
- If you agree, select the option labeled, I agree to the Financial Responsibility Agreement Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not agree, select the option labeled, I do not agree to the Financial Responsibility. I understand I will not be able to register.
- Click Save.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have completed the Financial Responsibility Agreement. Click Finish.
You can now register for classes according to your enrollment appointment. The hold previously placed on your account has now been removed. You must repeat these steps each semester you attend the University.