Logging into the Illinois State Qualtrics Survey Platform for the First Time
Last modified 2/8/2022
Illinois State has adopted Qualtrics as the online survey software available to all faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics provides an online service for software used to generate web-based surveys, store the results of those surveys, and offer basic statistical analysis of the results of those surveys. Qualtrics replaces Select Survey as the online survey platform for use by members of the ISU community for research and instruction.
Logging in to Qualtrics for the first time
- Navigate to illinoisstate.qualtrics.com in the browser of your preference.
- In the Central Login window, enter your ULID and password into the appropriate fields and click Sign In.
- You will now see a Qualtrics box that says, "This seems to be the first time you are logging in to Qualtrics." Click on No, I don't have a preexisting account here (Figure 1).
You will now be presented with a Terms of Service window. Scroll through the terms, and click I Accept (Figure 2).
Qualtrics' Terms of Service adheres to the guidelines set forth in ISU Policy 7.1.40 (http://policy.illinoisstate.edu/fiscal/7-1-40.shtml), therefore has been pre-approved by ISU and should remove any doubt about whether or not to accept these terms.
- You will now see the Create A Project window. By default, New, Blank Project is selected. Enter a Project Name and select a Folder from the drop-down (Figure 3). Then click the Create Project button to get started, or click Cancel to go directly to your My Projects landing page.
- You should now see the project window where you can begin creating your survey (Figure 4).
For information on whether your survey requires Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval prior to deployment, please refer to Research Ethics and Compliance Human Subjects Research site:
If you are looking at program assessment, please contact the University Assessment Office. They offer the service of consulting, designing, creating, implementing, and evaluating your assessments.
They also ensure that the assessments fit into your accreditation, program reviews, and more
For more help with creating your survey, collaborating with others, and general Qualtrics help, visit the following articles on the Qualtrics Support site:
- Survey Platform Overview - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/getting-started/survey-platform-overview/
- Sharing a Project - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/my-projects/sharing-a-project/
- Sharing your Dashboard - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/sharing-dashboards/sharing-your-dashboard/
By clicking any of the above links, you acknowledge that you wish to be taken to an external website not supported by Illinois State University.
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu, or via Live text at help.illinoisstate.edu/get-it-help.
- Understanding the Academics Tab in the My.IllinoisState.edu Web Portal
- Logging in to the Illinois State Qualtrics Survey Platform for the First Time
- Collaborating with Others on a Qualtrics Survey
- Accessibility Considerations for Survey Creators in Qualtrics
- Problems with Specific Question Types in Qualtrics
- Set Up an Anonymous Survey in Qualtrics
- Adding a Qualtrics Survey to your About.IllinoisState.edu Website
- Technology Training Courses