Guest Wireless Access for International Conference Attendees
Last modified 2/15/2022
Conference organizers who have International conference attendees who do not have a US-based mobile phone number will need to request access on their behalf. The following article provides step-by-step instructions for making such a request.
- Navigate to guestnet.ilstu.edu and login with your ULID and password.
- Click Create New Guest Account.
- For Guest’s Name, enter the attendee’s full name.
- Enter the attendee’s third party email address (i.e., a Gmail account, or an email account outside of ISU).
- For Account Activation, select from the drop down list depending on what is appropriate for your conference.
- For Expires After, you can select from 1 day up to 2 weeks. Keep this in mind when setting the account activation and consider the dates for the conference.
- Enter any relevant notes in the Notes field.
- Click Create Account.
If the access expires during the conference, another account will need to be generated.
a receipt page will be displayed showing the information used to create the account. Print this page if you wish to retain the information for your records. They WILL NOT be emailed to you. Your attendees however will receive an email stating that an account was created for them, along with instructions on how to connect and their login credentials.
- Guest Wireless Access for Conference Attendees
- Self-Service Guest Wireless Access for Conference Attendees
- Create and Manage Guest Wireless Accounts at Illinois State University
- Requesting a Conference ID
- Access to Technical Resources for Conference Attendees
- Conference Calls at Illinois State University
- Using the MeetMe Conference Call