Drive-Up Wifi Hot Spots
Last modified 2/15/2022
Illinois State University wireless networks are available for use by anyone in Bloomington-Normal who needs internet access. The following drive-up WiFi hot spots will allow you to connect and use the internet from the safety of your car.
You must be on campus and within range of ISU’s wireless access points before attempting the steps for connecting below.
Illinois State University Internet may be accessed from the following locations:
- South School Street between Centennial East and the School Street Parking Garage (Map - F36).
- The parking lot adjacent to the South East Chiller (F27 - Map).
Some spots further away from the buildings may experience reduced signal.
Additional public drive-up Wifi locations in Illinois can be found here.
Affiliated with ISU?
Faculty, staff, students and retirees of Illinois State University may visit these WiFi hot spots to gain internet access as needed. Connect to ISUNet and login using your ULID and Password.
Not Affiliated with ISU?
Members of the Bloomington-Normal and surrounding communities may visit these drive-up WiFi hot spots to gain internet access as needed. To gain access to the internet, perform the following:
- Navigate to your phone or computer’s WIFI settings and select the isunet-StartHere wireless access point.
- Open your browser of choice.
- If you are not directed to the wireless portal automatically, navigate to https://wifisetup.ilstu.edu.
- From the wireless access portal, select Request a guest wireless account.
- Enter your full name and US cell phone number in the appropriate fields.
- Click or touch the Register button to complete your registration.
- Your username and password will arrive via SMS text to the phone number you provided. Use the link in the text to go to the login page, or if you prefer, Navigate Here on your computer’s web browser.
- You are now connected to the isunet-StartHere wireless network.
Your access will only be good until 11:59PM on the day that you create your access.
- Connecting to the ISUNet Wireless Network with Android
- Connecting to the ISUNet Wireless Network with iOS
- Connecting to the ISUNet Wireless Network with Google Chromebook
- Connecting to the ISUNet Wireless Network with Mac
- Drive-Up Wifi Hot Spots
- Eduroam at Illinois State University
- Create and Manage Guest Wireless Accounts at Illinois State University
- How to Reconnect Your iPhone or iPad to isunet
- SecureW2 JoinNow WiFi Configuration Utility
- Self-Service Guest Wireless Access for Conference Attendees