Update Office for MacOS
Last modified 9/20/2023
Update Microsoft Office for MacOS using the Microsoft AutoUpdate application.
Office Updates for MacOS
To update Microsoft Office for MacOS, do the following:
- Make sure you have a working Internet connection.
- Open any Microsoft Office application (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.). You do not have to do this for each program; Microsoft AutoUpdate will download updates for all Office products.
- Click Help → Check for Updates (Figure 1).
- Click Check for Updates. Software updates appear in the Microsoft AutoUpdatewindow.
- Click Install.
5a. You will need to close the Microsoft application you opened in step 2 in order to be able to download any updates to that application.
- More updates may still be available. Repeat steps 1 through 5 until the Microsoft AutoUpdate Window says, "All apps are up-to-date."
- When you are done, click on the AutoUpdate option in the menu and select Quit Microsoft AutoUpdate.
You do not have to do this for each Microsoft Office Application. Microsoft AutoUpdate will download updates for all Office products regardless of the program you opened for step 2 above.