Zoom Video Conferencing Accessibility
Last modified 1/3/2022
Zoom Video Conferencing tool offers accessibility features to help you facilitate your class or meeting online.
- Live Transcript
- Live Closed Captioning
- Keyboard Accessibility including keyboard shortcuts
- Screen Reader Support
- Enable Audio Transcripts for Cloud Recording
- Downloadable caption (.vtt) file for Cloud Recordings
Tips for Presenting on Zoom
- Be careful of "this," "that," and "over there" language, instead use descriptive language when speaking
- Describe what is visually on the screen or presentation slide, include slide numbers
- Make presentation slides and other documents available for download
Share Cloud Recording Videos and Audio Transcripts from Zoom
For asynchronous videos, hosts can provide time coded transcripts after a meeting is complete via cloud recording. The links to these videos and files are only available for 30 days after the meeting is closed. Learn how to View and Share Cloud Recording Transcript in Zoom.
Caption ReggieNet videos using Zoom Recording
Zoom offers the ability to create a caption (.vtt) file. You can use this caption file to add closed captions to uploaded ReggieNet videos.
Create Auto-Captions with Zoom and PowerPoint
Zoom in combination with an Office 365 PowerPoint presentation (the online version only) can produce open captioned videos or a live captioned a lecture/meeting. Learn how in the Recording Captioned Lecture Videos with PowerPoint and Zoom tutorial.