Uploading Files to Drop Box in ReggieNet
Last modified 5/18/2022
ReggieNet includes a feature called Drop Box which allows students and instructors to share files through a private file drop folder.
A file drop folder is private and can only be accessed by the student and instructor. One student cannot access another student’s file drop. However, the instructor can access all file drop folders for the course. Instructors cannot associate grades with files uploaded using File Drop. If you are an instructor and want students to upload files (such as Word documents) so they can be graded, use the Assignments tool instead.
Use the steps below for instructions on how to use Drop Box. These instructions are for both students and instructors.
Upload to File Drop
To upload files to your drop box in ReggieNet, do the following:
- Log in to ReggieNet.IllinoisState.edu.
- Select the course from the Site Navigation at the top of the page (you may need to click on More Sites to locate the site).
- Click Drop Box in the left hand navigation menu.
- Click the Actions drop down menu to the right of your name and ULID, then click Upload Files.
- If you have a File Explorer window open, you can browse to the File(s) you want and drag and drop them into the designated space or page; or, press within that space and browse to the desired file.
- Click Continue.
- As a student, you can only add files to your personal drop box folder.
- As an instructor, you can add files to student drop box folders in your class.
Files you upload are only available to you and your instructor.