Installing Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN
Last modified 3/8/2022
Use the steps below for instructions on how to install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (VPN) onto your computer.
Where to Find the VPN software to download
- Click Windows under Cisco AnyConnect VPN if using a Windows computer, or Mac if using a Mac computer (Figure 1) from the Downloads Page.
- Once the file downloads, click the file name.
- Click setup.exe from the list of available files.
- Follow the prompts to install Cisco AnyConnect.
If nothing appears to be happening, you may have a flashing icon in your toolbar indicating that your attention is required. Click the flashing icon, which will ask if you’re sure you want to allow the app to make changes. You may need to enter your Computer’s Admin password to continue. (If you are on a university issued computer, this would be your ISU credentials. If this is your personal computer, you will want to enter your Username and Password you use to log into your computer). Once you’ve approved the changes, the software will be installed.
Cisco AnyConnect is now installed onto your machine. For instructions on how to connect, see: Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- Connecting with Cisco AnyConnect for Android Devices
- VPN at Illinois State University
- Install and Connect with the VPN Profile for iOS
- Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Install and Connect Using the VPN Profile for MacOS