Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Isn't Working For Me
Last modified 9/21/2023
The Multi Factor Authenticator can experience issues for a number of reasons. Please follow this guide to troubleshoot what to do.
Reasons Why Your MFA May Stop Working
Here are some causes on my why it may stop working.
- You have acquired a New Phone/Number
- Unusual activity (You may have reported a suspicious sign-in request)
- Account has been compromised
- Account has been locked
- Stuck in an MFA Authentication loop
- MFA will not give code
How to Fix
To fix these issues you will need to reset your Multi Factor Authenticator. To do this please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu. The TSC will need to verify your identity by seeing a government issued ID either by submission using our secure file drop system or by Zoom call. A Redbird card will NOT work.
How to Get Help
- Technical assistance is available through the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu, or by Live Chat at Help.IllinoisState.edu.